BDC Partners takes your privacy seriously and is committed to its compliance with the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (‘Privacy Principles’) and where applicable the European Union (“EU”) privacy laws and the requirements of the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
You acknowledge and agree that:
If you do not wish to provide personal information to us, then you are not obliged to do so. However, please be aware that this will affect your use of any and all websites, platforms, applications, products or services (“Services”) offered by us.
- all personal information that is collected, stored, used, processed and disclosed by BDC Partners when you use our Services;
- the use of personal information that is collected, stored, used, processed and disclosed when you participate in our events, promotions or contests or otherwise interact with us (e.g. through social media); and
- how we process your personal information, who we might share it with and what controls and rights you have in respect of it.
4. Personal information we collect
Personal information has the meaning given to it under your local data protection laws and generally means information which relates to an individual who can be identified from that information.
We collect the personal data necessary for us to provide you with the services you have requested from us. You do not have to provide us with your personal information, but if you do not do so, we may not be able to provide you with some or all of our services. By disclosing personal information to BDC Partners, you are consenting to its collection.
Where practicable, we will give you the option of interacting with us anonymously or using a pseudonym.
Generally, the kinds of personal information BDC Partners collects are:
- contact and professional information such as your name, business or personal addresses, email addresses, date of birth and job title;
- other contact details including online addresses or online names;
- anonymous demographic information which is not unique to you, such as your postcode, age, gender;
- your location or activity including IP address, and whether you’ve accessed third party sites; and
- other information relevant to the type of services being provided to you.
5. How we collect your personal information
We will only collect personal information through lawful and fair means and not in any unreasonably intrusive way. The ways we collect personal information include:
- where you expressly provide this information to us;
- from your interactions with us and/or our personnel (including feedback), including by telephone, text message, e-mail, social media, and in person;
- from your use of our Services;
- from the electronic devices you may use to access our Services (including information collected from your browser’s cookies); and
- from your participation in surveys, reviews, contests or marketing promotions.
Whenever possible, we will collect your personal information directly from you. However, in some situations, we may also collect your personal information from a third party (eg a family member or other agent or representative).
6. How we use your personal information
We only use your personal information for the purpose for which it was provided to us, related purposes, purposes for which you consent, and as otherwise required or permitted by law. Such purposes including but not limited to:
- providing you with, or directly related to, the Services that you have requested from us;
- accounting, billing and other internal administrative purposes;
- in the case of internal referrals, sharing information between Associates, including but not limited [insert Associated Company services] any other additional BDC Partners associate from time to time;
- developing and facilitating a business relationship with you or an entity with which you are connected;
- determining your eligibility and suitability for employment; and
- inviting you to events and functions and providing you with updates and publications.
In order for BDC Partners to process your personal and/or sensitive information we will rely on one of the following conditions:
- performance of a contract: where the processing of your personal and/or sensitive information is necessary in order to perform our obligations under a contract;
- legal obligation: where we are required to process your information in order to comply with a legal obligation;
- legitimate interests: where it is in our legitimate interest in running a lawful business provided that it doesn’t outweigh your interests e.g. to meet our corporate and social responsibility; or
- your consent: where, in certain instances, we request your specific permission to process your personal and/or sensitive information. Your consent may be withdrawn at any time by contacting BDC Partners at [email protected]
In certain instances, you will have the right to object to, or restrict the collection of your personal information, however if you do not wish to provide us the requisite information, we may not be able to provide you with all of our services.
By opting-in to receive particular services or communications, BDC Partners may use your personal information to contact you via surveys to conduct market research or request your opinion of current services or of potential new services that may be offered. You will be able to unsubscribe at any time by contacting us at [email protected]
The BDC Partners website keeps track of the web sites and pages our customers visit within the BDC Partners website in order to determine which BDC Partners services are more popular. This data is used to deliver tailored content and advertising within the BDC Partners website to customers whose behaviour indicates they are interested in a particular subject area.
BDC Partners may also disclose your personal information with your consent or if disclosure is required by law.
7. Third party sharing personal information
In order to manage workflows necessary to meet our service commitments, our office may engage third party service providers (whom operate either locally or offshore) as and when required. In the event this occurs, our office is satisfied those third parties meet all Australian Privacy Law obligations as set out under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Australian Privacy Principles (APP standards).
BDC Partners does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties. BDC Partners may contact you, from time to time, on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your unique personal information – as listed above – will not be transferred to the third party. In addition, BDC Partners may share data with trusted partners to help us:
- perform statistical analysis
- send you email or postal mail
- provide customer support
- arrange for deliveries
All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to BDC Partners and are therefore required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
8. Personal information protection
We will act to protect your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Principles and where applicable, the GDPR. We are committed to keeping the personal information you provide us secure.
BDC Partners secures your personal information from unauthorised access, use or disclosure. BDC Partners secures the personal information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorised access, use or disclosure. When personal information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other websites, it is protected using encryption.
However, no data protection and security measures are completely secure. Despite all the measures we have put in place, we cannot guarantee the security of your information, particularly in relation to transmissions over the internet. Accordingly, any information which you transmit to us is transmitted at your own risk. You must take care to ensure you protect information and you should notify us as soon as possible after you become aware of any security breach.
In the event of an eligible data breach which has the potential to cause serious harm to individuals, we will notify the relevant authorities as well as those individuals affected in line with the Privacy Principles and the Notifiable Data Breach scheme.
9. Your Data Protection Rights
- Access: You have the right to request we provide you with a copy of personal information that we have collected from you. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- Rectification: You have the right to request we correct, amend or update any personal information you believe is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Account Closure: If you have created an account with us, we will delete that account upon your request or within a reasonable time thereafter.
- Erasure: You have the right to request that we erase or destroy your personal information in certain circumstances, including where you withdraw your consent, where your data is no longer required for collection purposes or where your personal information has been unlawfully processed;
- Restrict Processing: You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information under certain conditions, including where processing is inconsistent with the reason for which the personal information was collected.
- Object to Processing: You have the right to object to us processing your personal information under certain circumstances, including the right to object to profiling, automation and direct marketing.
- Data Portability: You have the right to request we transfer the personal information we have collected to another organization or directly to you, under certain circumstances.
- Legitimate Interests: To the extent that we are relying on our legitimate interests to use your personal data, you also have the right to object to such use (unless we can either demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the use that override your interests, rights and freedoms, or where we need to process the data for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims).
- Responses: Without undue delay and not later than within a month, we will respond to your request to invoke your rights consistent with applicable law.
- Revocation: You may revoke your consent for receiving marketing communications at any time, free of charge by following the instructions in any marketing communication. You can also control these preferences in your profile settings. We will then stop applying the research results to you at an individual level and will stop sending you marketing communications.
Questions: In case you have a question or complaint about how BDC Partners processes your personal information, you can contact us by email. Alternatively, you may consider lodging a complaint with a supervisory data protection authority.
BDC Partners uses “cookies” to help you personalise your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a Web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you register with the BDC Partners website or services, a cookie helps BDC Partners recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on. When you return to the same BDC Partners website, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use BDC Partners website features that you customised.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the BDC Partners services or Web sites you visit.
11. Accuracy, access and correction
We take reasonable steps to ensure the information we collect and hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, it is your responsibility to contact us from time to time to inform us of any changes to your personal information and to ensure that it is up to date, relevant and of an appropriate quality to enable us to provide our goods and services to you. We will take reasonable steps to correct your personal information if we are satisfied it is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, including making any appropriate deletions or additions.
Where applicable under the GDPR, we will honour your right to request access to, or modification or deletion of, your personal information. We may have the right to withhold that access or refuse to modify or erase your personal information under applicable laws, but will give you reasons if we do so.
If you wish to make an enquiry about a possible breach of how your personal information is being handled or the Privacy Principles of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (or, where applicable under the GDPR) or a formal complaint, you can contact us through the contact information provided below.
We will refer your complaint to the responsible privacy officer at BDC Partners, who will investigate the issue and determine the steps we will undertake to resolve your complaint. We will contact you if we require any additional information from you and will notify you in writing of the determination in relation to your complaint. BDC Partners reserves the right to request any supporting evidence and/or information to substantiate the complaint/breach.
We are committed to finding a solution to your concerns however if you are not satisfied with our determination, you can contact us to discuss your concerns further or complaint to the Australian Privacy Commissioner.
13. Other Websites
The Services we operate may contain links to other websites (“Third Party Links“). BDC Partners do not endorse such Third Party Links and are not responsible for any content contained therein. If you decide to access any Third Party Links, you do so entirely at your own risk.
15. BDC Franchise Group
BDC Franchise Recruitment VIC Partners Pty Ltd | ABN 74 643 238 993
BDC Franchise Recruitment NSW Partners Pty Ltd | ABN 56 643 238 475
BDC Franchise Recruitment QLD Partners Pty Ltd | ABN 28 643 238 733
BDC Franchise Recruitment Partners Pty Ltd | ABN 16 642 303 491
BDC Property Partners Pty Ltd | ABN 87 141 762 727
BDC Partners Pty Ltd | ABN 73 642 299 33
16. Contacting us
Email: [email protected]
Tel: 03 9787 1375
Written correspondence: Att: Privacy Officer, Suite 2A, Level 1, 84 Mt Eliza Way, Mt Eliza VIC 3930